Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2016/03/04 05:56:36 UTC

Proposed board report [March]

Hello folks:

We have a board report due this month. Here is the draft.

Let me know if have anything to add. I plan to submit this before 3/9.

<snip>
BookKeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance
logging service. The project also includes Hedwig which is
a highly scalable Pub/Sub service built on top of ZooKeeper
and BookKeeper with strong durability guarantees.

= Project Status =

Development has continued towards the 4.4.0 release, which
is a feature release. It will be including improvements on bookie storage,
compaction and ledger recovery, and new features about last-add-confirmed
long poll. We will cut 4.4.0 at this month and plan 4.5.0.

= Releases =

Our last release was 4.3.2, released on 2015-11-30. The next release will
be 4.4.0.

= Community Status =

The last committer added was Matteo Merli (mmerli) on
the 6th Jul 2015.

No infrastructure issues.

70 subscribers in dev@bookkeeper.apache.org
83 subscribers in user@bookkeeper.apache.org

890 issues opened to date, 20 since 2015-11-12
613 issues resolved to date, 15 since 2015-11-12
57 people have reported issues, 6 since 2015-11-12
31 people have contributed patches, 5 since 2015-11-12
</snip>

Re: Proposed board report [March]

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
I submitted the board report. Thank you all.

- Sijie

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
you could find all the jiras by clicking the release link. for example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER/fixforversion/12325566/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel

Matteo and I discussed a while ago. We might drop some jiras to cut 4.4.0
by this month. And starting from April, we are proposing release in a
shorter period like a quarter or half a year.

- Sijie

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <jujjuri@gmail.com

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <ju...@gmail.com>.

--