Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joe Hudson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/20 16:04:02 UTC

POJO services that aren't actually POJO

Hello,

I am tasked with adding web service wrappers to EJBs.  I am wondering
(hoping) that it is possible to provide a service loader factor for
the POJO web service,

For example, to access our EJBs I would use the following code
    MyEJBInterface service = (MyEJBInterface)
ServiceLocator.locateService(MyEJBInterface.class);

In this case, the implementation class and EJB related data are in a
separate XML file.  Is there any way I could specify an interface
class as the "ServiceClass" parameter and defer to my ServiceLocator
factory to provide the implementation (as shown below)?

<service name="MyService" scope="application">
	<description>My Service</description>
	<parameter name="ServiceClass">
		com.foo.MyEJBInterface
	</parameter>