Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Sebastien Lorquet <se...@lorquet.fr> on 2023/01/30 08:41:19 UTC

Re: [OT] Article: NuttX trips ChatGPT

Hi,

At the end of this article, you write:

""" My question to all AI Programs out there… Do you understand the
words that I’m writing now? """

As a developer community, we should be more than convinced that the
answer is a clear NO :-)

ChatGPT is a text generator that, at any time, chooses the best word for
the context started by a conversation. And its programming makes it so
it appears to be legit text.

That's all there is to it, ChatGPT is not an encyclopedia and has no
purpose in creating actual knowledge.

Moreover, it does not automatically learn from conversations. It is
merely a fun expensive toy.

Nothing in it is intelligent. As some people put it, ChatGPT is a
mansplaining as a service, only able to generate obvious and superficial
answers.

Some people disagree with me but I believe that computers lack the
fundamental capacity that will turn them into conscious intelligent
beings. Or, at least, the current machine learning implementations do.

Sebastien