Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by jr...@redhat.com on 2012/04/11 23:14:52 UTC

0.16 release update - RC2 available

RC2 from revision 1324655 is available here:

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.16-rc2/

This RC fixes the problem with embedded svn versions that Robbie raised.
It also has the following bug fixes:

   jross@nicaea qpid-0.16$ svn log -r 1309391:HEAD | fgrep QPID
   QPID-3937 - Back-ported fix from trunk into 0.16.
   QPID-3938 - Back-ported fix from trunk into 0.16
   QPID-3901: merge fix to 0.16 branch
   QPID-3900: merge fix to 0.16 branch
   QPID-3919
   QPID-3905: NullPointerException is thrown on rejecting messages whilst
     closing the connection
   QPID-3911: Fix deadlock on concurrent invocation of
     MessageConsumer#close() and Session#rollback() from consumer
     MessageListener

A point in passing: It helps (helps scripting like the above and git
mirrors) if merges to 0.16 include descriptive text on the same line as
the QPID- reference.  Rather than "merge fix to 0.16", it's better to copy
the summary from the original trunk commit.  In other words, follow
Robbie's example in the last two commits, :).

Finally, there's stirring on the list about a python build issue, and
there are two ruby build issues not yet on the release branch.  These may
call for another RC.

Thanks,
Justin

---
0.16 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/016-release.html

Re: 0.16 release update - RC2 available

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.
Here's a preview of the 0.16 release notes:

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/release_notes_0.16.html

I'll regenerate this before GA.  Until then, you can adjust jira
titles and categories to spruce up the release notes.

Note to developers: jiras 3937, 3938, 3901, and 3919 don't appear in the
preview notes because they are not marked fixed or don't have their fix
version set.  I'm repairing this now.  Take care to update your jiras,
please.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Robbie!

Regards,

Weston

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I have updated the files in the Java tree. To save time I just went
ahead and committed the changes to the release branch as well, they
are easily verified and there isnt really a choice over including them
or not.

In terms of whats left, the particular standouts seem to be the
bindings in the cpp tree, which have a number of files that seem like
they must have licences added.

Robbie

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 04:19:59PM +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> An interesting question (which I see you have decided at least part of
> the answer for). The .rb files seem fairly straightforward as
> requiring a licence, although the rest perhaps arent quite as clear.
> Since the licence is a comment, is it possible to adjust the test
> output to strip them, or is that not within our control? (I dont have
> a clue about ruby and/or cucumber)

The .feature files in cucumber support comments in that you can use a #
to cause the line to not be processed. But the text is always sent to
stdout whether it's a comment or not. And the problem is that it
increases the noise-to-useful-output ratio.

> I believe the general idea is that anything with creativity in it
> should have a licence, but I tend to just be of the opinion that *all*
> files should have the licence in some way unless there is a very clear
> legal or (allowable) technical reason they absolutely shouldnt. It
> cuts down the noise and ensures you dont need to worry as much about
> whether things need be licenced or not.
>
> I believe its allowable in certain cases to use a short form for the
> licence (e.g as done in manifest files) that at least contains the
> URL, so that might also be an approach to investigate using (one of
> the .java files flagged by RAT had the entire header but had a space
> in its URL and so failed the check).

I think a single line comment would keep the ratio low enough so that
the testing output doesn't get pushed off-screen by the license text.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Re: 0.16 release update - RC2 available

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.