Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by "Rob J. Goldfarb" <go...@comcast.net> on 2017/10/24 14:58:31 UTC

cant install nuget packages for Beta 0005

When I attempt to install the Lucene.Net Beta 0005 Nuget package - published 10/24/2017 - (or any of the other Beta 0005 packages) in the Visual Studio solution in which I previously used the Beta 0004 packages, I get the following message and the install always fails:

" 'Lucene.Net' already has a dependency for "Microsoft.CSharp' "

Note: I uninstalled all Lucene.Net Beta 0004 packages before trying to install the Beta 0005 versions.

Rob

RE: cant install nuget packages for Beta 0005

Posted by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com>.
Rob,

Thanks. I was able to reproduce the issue as I too was running an old version of NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio 2013 (2.8.6073.765). After updating to version 2.12.0.817, installing Lucene.Net now works.

Apparently, Microsoft has updated something in the new .NET Core 2.0 SDK tooling that we are using that makes older versions of NuGet no longer work.

See the screenshots – you can update NuGet Package Manager using Tools > Extensions and Updates

[cid:image001.png@01D34DEE.1AA543F0]

[cid:image002.png@01D34DEE.1AA543F0]

Thanks,

Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)