Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2014/04/12 09:48:12 UTC

compile broken on Java6

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
(default-compile) on project oak-upgrade: Compilation failure
[ERROR] Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
[ERROR] An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.6.0_45). Please
file a bug at the Java Developer Connection
(http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade
for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in
your report.  Thank you.
[ERROR] com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: class file
for org.apache.felix.scr.annotations.ReferenceCardinality not found

Re: compile broken on Java6

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name> wrote:
> Hmm, interesting. I guess a workaround would be to add the annotation
> library to the build classpath of oak-upgrade on Java 6.

Done in revision 1586836.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: compile broken on Java6

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>.
Hi,

Re: compile broken on Java6

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2014-04-12 09:48, Julian Reschke wrote:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
> (default-compile) on project oak-upgrade: Compilation failure
> [ERROR] Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
> [ERROR] An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.6.0_45). Please
> file a bug at the Java Developer Connection
> (http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade
> for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in
> your report.  Thank you.
> [ERROR] com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: class file
> for org.apache.felix.scr.annotations.ReferenceCardinality not found

Caused by changes in
src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/upgrade/RepositoryUpgrade.java,
likely related to <http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6550655>
which is not fixed in Java6.

Best regards, Julian