Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ron Savage <ro...@savage.net.au> on 2001/06/28 06:23:51 UTC

Q: How to I secure /cgi-bin?

Test env:
Apache/1.3.20 (Win32) mod_perl/1.25_01-dev mod_ssl/2.8.4 OpenSSL/0.9.6a

I just tried this to stop myself running any scripts from /cgi-bin, but it does not stop me. Yeah, yeah, I restart the server after
every patch to httpd.conf.

<Directory /cgi-bin>
    Order allow,deny
 Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

My aim of course is to use
    Order deny,allow
to stop all others!

I tried
<Directory "/cgi-bin">
and
    Allow from 128.0.0.1
just to see what would happen, but that did not stop me either.

Cheers
Ron  Savage
ron@savage.net.au
http://savage.net.au/index.html

Re: How to I secure /cgi-bin?

Posted by Tim Tompkins <ti...@arttoday.com>.
Use Location for paths respective to the server root.

<Location /cgi-bin>
</Location>