Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2012/04/29 11:12:40 UTC

CRUDS-QBE Create Read Update Delete CRUD plus Search and Query by Example

Here we go guys (esp. Thiago, Lance...thanks for your thoughts),

Have at it...  the following blog builds on T5 quick start, tutorials, user
guide etc, and gleanings from this message board to create a simple
"CRUDS-QBE" re-usable form interface and listing page for an entity
(Person).

http://crudsqbe.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/tapestry/

Pretty sure I am doing some lame stuff, like unnecessary persisting,  so
constructive comments are welcome (here or on the blog itself).

I hope to refine it to a point where it may be an useful tutorial for
beginners.

Re: CRUDS-QBE Create Read Update Delete CRUD plus Search and Query by Example

Posted by netdawg <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Updated this post to address comments received to date,  best I can.

Still using persistence, though, albeit of the (lower impact/transient)
flash variety:

1.  This allows the custom form to both create a new object as well as
submit a partially defined entity for QBE .  SUGGESTION:  Bean editor to
allow for "total control form", or perhaps form tag should have the object
attribute as in bean editor to take advantage of @PageActivationContext?

2.  (SUGGESTION)  Another way to tighten control on session storage would
probably be something like "directed" persistence.  This would combine the
two step process of 1) setting a page class property 2) flash persisting the
property into one.   In other words, not just flash persistence, but
specifically intended for pickup by next request by a specific page.   Or is
there something like already?