Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chuck Replogle <Ch...@cox.net> on 2005/05/05 01:17:09 UTC

xsd:anyType

There seems to be a disconnect between Axis Java and Axis C/C++.  Axis
Java, more specifically WSDL2Java will handle a WSDL that uses the type
xsd:anyType while Axis C/C++ does not.  Glancing at the code it looks
like Axis C/C++ supports xsd:any but in a somewhat strange way (arrays
of xsd__string types).  I realize that "officially" the xsd:anyType is
an optional feature (per the W3C XML Schema), but since Axis Java
supports it, why not Axis C++?  The problem I'm facing is I am in the
situation where I need to use Axis C++ on a WSDL generated by Axis Java.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck Replogle
Chuck.Replogle@cox.net