Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com> on 2023/03/30 12:35:00 UTC

[RUST] Somewhat regular sync today

In case anyone is interested, I plan to present (and record) the first in a
3 part series of "DataFusion architecture" presentations today Thursday
2023-03-30 at 15:00 UTC. I will post a link to the recording and slides
afterwards

Part 1 will basically be a "what is a query engine and why might you need
one", and then Part 2 will cover logical planning / exprs and Part 3 will
cover physical planing.

More details are on [1]

Andrew

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1atCVnoff5SR4eM4Lwf2M1BBJTY6g3_HUNR6qswYJW_U/edit

Re: [RUST] Somewhat regular sync today

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
Thank you -- this is a great idea Will.

It is almost time to write another  quarterly wrapup / update for
DataFusion[1]. This is probably good content to include in that post.

I have filed a ticket[2] to track writing a new blog.

[1] https://arrow.apache.org/blog/2023/01/19/datafusion-16.0.0/
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/issues/5812

Andrew

Posted by Will Jones <wi...@gmail.com>.