Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Chanwit Kaewkasi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/06 05:34:13 UTC

Ivy for jar dependency management

Hello,

I'm thinking of using Ivy (http://ant.apache.org/ivy/) to help us
manage .jar files, as currently a lot of .jars have been put into
trunk/lib directory (including findbug stuff).
It would be better if we can only have source files in the repo, and
all jar are automatically resolved and downloaded when the project is
built.

What do you think? (If you all agree, I'll start learning Ivy configuration).

Regards,

Chanwit

--
Chanwit Kaewkasi
PhD Candidate,

Re: Ivy for jar dependency management

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Cool.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Re: Ivy for jar dependency management

Posted by Chanwit Kaewkasi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2009/2/19 pi song <pi...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> From my understanding, Ivy also relies on maven repository. Then why don't
> you go for Maven2 directly?
>
> Do you have things like parser generator or any kind of code generator in
> your compile process?

I was thinking about using Ivy instead of Maven because I just want to
keep thing simple.

Now, I'm writing a script to fetch HBase directly.
No Ivy or Maven anymore as there is no maven repo for HBase at the moment.

Best,

Chanwit

Posted by pi song <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,