Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by vbellamkonda <vb...@nisum.com> on 2013/06/18 13:44:47 UTC

Two ActiveMQ brokers in same cluster are behaving as Masters

We have configured two ActiveMQ brokers in same cluster so that the slave
attribute for one of the broker is false (Master) and for the other it is
true (Slave). But, at some point of time we observed that the slave
attribute for both these two brokers are set to false and because of the the
message are getting served by two brokers.

Can any one please let us know in which scenarios does the slave attribute
is updated from true to false.

We also verified DB transactions and did not found any delete or insert
statements on ACTIVEMQ_LOCK tabel.

Re: Two ActiveMQ brokers in same cluster are behaving as Masters

Posted by Venkata Bellamkonda <vb...@nisum.com>.
Thanks Jakub for quick response.

We configured two ActiveMQ brokers to same database (using JDBC persistence)
in production environment. We are trying to bring these two brokers one
after the other. The broker which was started first is behaving as Master
and the other is behaving as Slave. But, at some point of time (maybe after
2 or 3 days) these two brokers are acting as Masters (both brokers are in
active mode). This issue is not frequently happening.

When we are facing this issue we are stopping both the brokers and bringing
back again one after the other.

Attached are the two broker configuration files. Please let us know if you
require any more details.

activemq_1.xml
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4668340/activemq_1.xml>
activemq_2.xml
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4668340/activemq_2.xml>

Thanks in advance.
Venkata

Re: Two ActiveMQ brokers in same cluster are behaving as Masters

Posted by Venkata Bellamkonda <vb...@nisum.com>.
Hi Jakub, did you get any information to share with us or do you require any
more information to help us out.

Re: Two ActiveMQ brokers in same cluster are behaving as Masters

Posted by Venkata Bellamkonda <vb...@nisum.com>.
Thanks Jakub for quick response.

We configured two ActiveMQ brokers to same database (using JDBC persistence)
in production environment. We are trying to bring these two brokers one
after the other. The broker which was started first is behaving as Master
and the other is behaving as Slave. But, at some point of time (maybe after
2 or 3 days) these two brokers are acting as Masters (both brokers are in
active mode). This issue is not frequently happening.

When we are facing this issue we are stopping both the brokers and bringing
back again one after the other.

Attached are the two broker configuration files. Please let us know if you
require any more details.

activemq_1.xml
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4668341/activemq_1.xml>
activemq_2.xml
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4668341/activemq_2.xml>

Thanks in advance.
Venkata

Re: Two ActiveMQ brokers in same cluster are behaving as Masters

Posted by Jakub Korab <ja...@gmail.com>.
Can you give a bit more information about your cluster? How many ActiveMQ
instances are set up and how are they configured?

Thanks,

Jakub