Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/03 16:28:51 UTC

A minor pig smokes patch

Hi bigtop !

I submitted a subtle (but important, at least to me :) :) :) )  patch to
the pig smokes, for allowing variable installation path to pig:

This makes it easier to test deployments of pig that come in other forms,
i.e. tarballs.

Although I know bigtop is moving towards rpm-ish installation of stuff, the
hardcoded dependency on /var/lib/ for pig's installation location imposes
some unnecessary limitations on the way one can run the pig smokes .

Anyways....... happy hadooping .

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com