Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "GAQUIERE, Olivier" <ol...@capgemini.com> on 2020/06/19 08:51:17 UTC

NIFI JMS consuler : AMQP 1.0 trouble

Hi all

I try to use NIFI to consume AMQP 1.0 messages from a ActiveMQ Topic.
Did anyone manage to implement the JMS consumer to consume AMQP messages ?
If yes, which client librairies did you use ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Olivier

RE: NIFI JMS consuler : AMQP 1.0 trouble

Posted by "GAQUIERE, Olivier" <ol...@capgemini.com>.
Hi Peter

Thanks for your answer.
I tried your solution and I got the following error :

ConsumeJMS[id=c7e90ec4-0172-1000-ed11-6dd4c691e385] Failed to initialize JMS Connection Factory: org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: Could not obtain JMS Connection Factory from JNDI

Do you have an idea ?
Could you give me the exact configuration of your JMS consumer ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier GAQUIERE

Architect Solution Managing | CSD-Practice | Space/Public/ATM
Capgemini France - Toulouse
Tel.: +33 582 28 34 61
[cid:image001.png@01D6465E.863AA9F0]
Si vous recevez ce courriel pendant vos temps non travaillés, il ne requiert
ni prise de connaissance ni réponse immédiate de votre part.

You can use Apache Qpid Proton AMQP client library [1] as recommended in the ActiveMQ AMQP configuration docs [2].
You'll want to download Qpid JMS (AMQP 1.0) and use the jars from the lib folder of the tarball.
The JNDI Initial Context Factory Class needs to be configured: org.apache.qpid.jms.jndi.JmsInitialContextFactory

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://qpid.apache.org/proton/
[2] https://activemq.apache.org/amqp

Posted by "GAQUIERE, Olivier" <ol...@capgemini.com>.
Hi Peter

Thanks very much for your help !!!
It perfectly works.

Have a nice day

Olivier

Posted by Peter Turcsanyi <tu...@apache.org>.
Olivier,

The problematic property is the JNDI Provider URL. It seems the amqp:// url
cannot be specified here directly (though I believe I managed to do this
earlier somehow, but I cannot reproduce it now).

The Qpid JMS documentation [1] says that you need to create a properties
file (eg. jndi.properties but it can have any arbitrary name):
##

Posted by "GAQUIERE, Olivier" <ol...@capgemini.com>.
Hi again Peter

Here is my processor configuration