Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Tony K." <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/21 20:52:10 UTC

Checkout a project without .svn subdirectories?

I have a website on a server that does not have an svn client.  I must
manually upload the files without using svn and would like to
eliminate the residual .svn directories.

Is is possible to checkout a copy of a project without having the .svn
subdirectories?

Re: Checkout a project without .svn subdirectories?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/21/06, Tony K. <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a website on a server that does not have an svn client.  I must
> manually upload the files without using svn and would like to
> eliminate the residual .svn directories.
>
> Is is possible to checkout a copy of a project without having the .svn
> subdirectories?

See svn export.

-garrett

RE: Checkout a project without .svn subdirectories?

Posted by Van Vo <va...@paintbot.com>.
svn export http://my/repo/proj/trunk targetdir

This is definitely an FAQ if it isn't already.