Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Amin Pashapour <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/26 15:21:13 UTC

Can't go out of a vm with F5 as loadbalancer network offering

Hi All,

On CloudStack 4.2.1, I have set up a network that uses an offering with F5 as loadbalancer. All other features use VirtualRouter.  Everything is working fine going southbound to the two VM's I am loadbalancing.

But when I am on either one of these VM's, I can't get to anything external.  I can get to the virtual router/gateway or other internal VM's. I can resolve www.google.com but I can't telnet to google.com on port 80

I have set egress on my network to ALL protocols from 0.0.0.0/0.  I have also disabled iptables and still nothing going out.

I can go outside when I use the default network offering.

Any hint on what could be the cause is greatly appreciated. Or any hint on how to troubleshoot!

Thanks.
Amin

Re: No outbound traffic with F5 as loadbalancer network offering

Posted by Amin Pashapour <jo...@yahoo.com>.

I re-did the whole thing again and this time it works perfectly.  The only difference that I can tell is that in the new network offering with F5 as loadbalancer, I set the default egress policy to deny. Then I went ahead and set the egress allow policy on the the SourceNAT external IP for the new network.

I also used the first additional IP for loadbalancing. Last time I had used the first one for portforwarding.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks.
Amin

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.