Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by tayjack <pe...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 13:53:01 UTC

tree conflict issue(local add, incoming add upon merge)

Hello,

I have two branches(b1 and b2), I create one directory(directory_1) in these
two branches and in this directory add some files, for example

b1
|---- directory_1
        |---- file_1
        |---- file_2

b2
|---- directory_1
        |---- file_3
        |---- file_4

I merge b1 to trunk is success, but when I want merge b2 to trunk, I got
tree conflict(local add, incoming add upon merge) at directory_1, so file_3
and file_4 don't merge successful

I can resolve file's tree conflict manually (choose one then combine
difference), but I can't resolve directory's tree conflict, except rename
directory_1 to another name(for example directory_2) then merge b2 to trunk,
move file_3 and file_4 from directory_2 to directory_1 then remove
directory_2

Is any better solution?

appreciate for any comments

Jack