Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Gustav, Axel" <ax...@sap.com> on 2013/07/17 20:45:26 UTC

[csv] roadmap commons csv and possible contribution

Hi,
I was looking around for Java based CSV libraries. We are currently using Open CSV in our product. I was wondering if there are any major advantages over OpenCSV or if version 1.0 is just supposed to unify Skife CSV, Open CSV and Genjava CSV.

Is there a roadmap or a planned release date for version 1.0? It would be interesting if the productive use of that library would be feasible within the next 3-6 months.
We could try to get approval for contribution if that would help to bring this project forward.

Kind Regards,
Axel Gustav

Developer at SAP Research Canada

Re: [csv] roadmap commons csv and possible contribution

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I was going to say ... The project is functionally complete for 1*.*0 but
we have been hung up on a couple of issues. It's also a matter of people on
this list and committers wanting to put the time in to polish this one off.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Axel,