Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Army <qo...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/12 17:39:51 UTC

Optimizer patch reviews? (DERBY-781, DERBY-1357)

I posted two patches for some optimizer changes a little over a week ago: one
for DERBY-781 and one for DERBY-1357.

Has anyone had a chance to review either of them, or is anyone planning to?  I'm
hoping to have these reviewed and committed sometime in the next few days so
that I'm not forced to try to address issues at the last minute for the first
10.2 release candidate.

Optimizer changes can sometimes be rather tricky, so the sooner the review--and
the more eyes on the code--the better.

The DERBY-1357 changes are quite small and are very easily reviewable, while the
DERBY-781 changes are more involved.  Anyone have some time to review either of
these patches?

Many thanks,
Army

Re: Optimizer patch reviews? (DERBY-781, DERBY-1357)

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> I will give you whatever feedback I have by the end of this weekend,

Thanks Bryan!

> although I don't expect to have many substantive comments to make.

Comments of any kind are appreciated--so please comment away...

Thanks again,

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
>> I posted two patches for some optimizer changes a little over a week
>> ago: one for DERBY-781 and one for DERBY-1357.

Hi Army,

I have been reading your wonderful DERBY-781 document. I will give you
whatever feedback I have by the end of this weekend, although I don't
expect to have many substantive comments to make.

Thanks very much for putting the effort into writing up the changes;
it is not wasted work.

bryan

Re: Optimizer patch reviews? (DERBY-781, DERBY-1357)

Posted by Satheesh Bandaram <ba...@gmail.com>.
I will start to review these patches with the goal of committing them.
If anyone has comments or suggestions, please share with the group...

Satheesh