Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com> on 2020/01/14 21:18:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] MAHOUT-14.1 RC3 - call for [Volunteers] and vote

This is a call for volunteers as well.  Anyone may test the Release candidate;  the more eyes the better.

Changed subject Line.

--Andy

________________________________
Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.
No Prob as far as running the release. Yeah sorry about the timing you told me you were busy too, Andrew.  I thought we were going to have more issues to clean up.  From this run though I think we have a viable candidate.  Since so much of the overhaul of the poms was in the actual releasing I was not paying so much attention to peoples schedules. Next time will make sure to coo-ordinate.

I think that my pom skills may have actually diminished after working with this release :) It is slightly hacky, but i think that we should consider any further overhaul as a team, I already had to make some changes to the ~/.m2/settings.xml of the release master, documented on the mvn site, this may be more than we want.  I have the steps documented, and will update the how-to-release.md page.  and sart a jira for the new settings as well.

tl;dr, any further work on poms IMO should be a new design plan.

Release artifact URL (scala 2.11, 2.12): https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1060/<https://slack-redir.net/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Frepository.apache.org%2Fcontent%2Frepositories%2Forgapachemahout-1060%2F&v=3>

--andy
________________________________
Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.
Ah cool perfect-  thanks Joe.  --  Yes this is the document that i was thinking about so we're good It looks like.
So we can take our time on it.

Thanks alot!

--andy

________________________________
Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.
no rush here.. Andrew is busy till weekend, it looks like and Joe confirmed. the minimum..  I have the RC process for this release down to about 45 mins so can easily cut a new one any time anyways.
________________________________

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.
Thanks Trevor- I see.  Looks like the backup poms are included also from during the release.   that is odd.  I will also try to fix the default distribution bug that i noticed. since Its the middle of the week.

OK dropping RC new one to come soon.

-andy

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I _think_ I'm -1

I went to build src (mvn clean install) on the 2.12 src and got an error:

```