Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by LAU ENG HUAT <fa...@pd.jaring.my> on 2001/09/11 04:01:41 UTC

Tomcat 3.3 & JBoss & mod_jk

Hi,
I'm a newby. I have installed Tomcat 3.3 and  manage to get it working.
When I read the doc on JBoss integration with Tomcat, it mention about
the
1. Servlet Api . Currently I could not find the latest Tomcat 3.3
servlet api. Can I used the Tomcat servlet 3.2.3. api ?
2. The example given is using the JServ and mention about using
wrappers. I'm using mod_jk. Can anybody help me on this ?

Thanks for your help

Re: Tomcat 3.3 & JBoss & mod_jk

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
The servlet api is defined by sun... see
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet

the tomcat 3.x series are servlet spec 2.2 compliant, tomcat 4.0 is spec
2.3 draft compliant.

all the rules, not only the api, are outlined by sun... have a look
through that above address and it should answer a heap of your questions.

cheesr
dim