Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@apache.org> on 2016/07/15 01:24:04 UTC

Meeting minutes - July 2016

Hi all,

Thanks all for joining the call today! Here are the notes:

1. Discussed merging of Sentry-1205
Follow on work on refactoring module dependencies:
- authorization-provider and db-provider (Colin to file a jira)
- SENTRY-1395: Move the HDFS code which lives inside the sentry daemon into
sentry-provider
SENTRY-1321:
- Moving HiveAuthzConf to sentry-binding-hive-conf, so that
sentry-provider-db does not have to depend on sentry-binding-hive-common
which creates a circular dependency
- Moving messaging/json to sentry-binding-hive-follower to avoid circular
dependency between sentry-hive-binding and sentry-provider-db
SENTRY-1403: Move SentryHDFSServiceClient code from hdfs-common into
hdfs-service

2. Performance test: SENTRY-1347

3. SENTRY-1209: rename table privilege fix

4. Hive binding V2:
We should setup build for V2. Probably precommit not required until we
default to V2.
Might be better to update
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/%5BWIP%5DSentry+integration+with+Hive+Authorization+V2
with pending/planned work.

5. We briefly discussed about deprecating policy files and Hive V1 in the
next minor release. And possibly making a major release where we can clean
up deprecated code.

Regards,