Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mayur Shetye <Ma...@realtydata.com> on 2005/07/11 21:15:57 UTC

type mappings

Hello all

I am writing a web-service which is to be invoked by a client who is using
.net. Along with some parameters I am also thinking of using a hash-map as
an incoming parameter in the web-service. The reason being of in the future
we decide to do some personalization for a specific client then we can put
that specific parameter In the hashmap.

My question is about inter-opertability. Is using hash map the best option?
If not what data-structure should I use? I want a generic data-structure
like an like associative array and should have room for growth. I currently
don't see anything else I can use.

Can you please provide any insights on this ?
Mayur Shetye

Realty Data Corp.
1325 Franklin Ave., Suite 160
Garden City, NY 11530
T. (516) 877-8715
F. (516) 877-8724
 <http://www.realtydata.com/> www.RealtyData.com

Your National Electronic Abstracting Source

Re: type mappings

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I recommend that you use an array rather than a hashmap. .NET doesn't
have a hashmap.

Anne