Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Robert S. Thau" <rs...@ai.mit.edu> on 1995/06/14 23:28:36 UTC

index.html~ screwup

Could you check if what it's serving in the calendar directory is actually
the ~ file?  If so, it could be a MultiViews screwup --- the order of the
files in the two directories (i.e., the physical order in which readdir()
would read them out) is different.

This shouldn't matter because the function MultiViews uses to type files
(set_content_type_and_parms) does not, or should not, set the type of
otherwise unrecognized files to DefaultType, and MultiViews ignores files
which have no recognizable type assigned.  However, if any change to the
server changed that (e.g., if it gets changed by running the server with
the Arena bug workaround undone, which I've never done here), this would
be one of the expected symptoms...

rst

Re: index.html~ screwup

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> Could you check if what it's serving in the calendar directory is actually
> the ~ file?  If so, it could be a MultiViews screwup --- the order of the
> files in the two directories (i.e., the physical order in which readdir()
> would read them out) is different.

Yes, it's serving out the index.html~.

> This shouldn't matter because the function MultiViews uses to type files
> (set_content_type_and_parms) does not, or should not, set the type of
> otherwise unrecognized files to DefaultType, and MultiViews ignores files
> which have no recognizable type assigned.  However, if any change to the
> server changed that (e.g., if it gets changed by running the server with
> the Arena bug workaround undone, which I've never done here), this would
> be one of the expected symptoms...

I'm still at 0.7.2h here.

	Brian