Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Iain Sanderson <sa...@mc.duke.edu> on 2003/04/04 15:52:39 UTC

RE: Tomcat unstable - Dr. Watson. Why? follow up

I ran my  web application last night starting Tomcat from the command line
( not as a service) and it has worked well, even during the period of
backup of the server from MN to 7am.

So, there is a flaw (?bug) that I can predictably create in
Tomcat4.x/Win32 that causes the Tomcat win32 service to crash, (not the
JVM), when using a connection pool and the database server is busy.

Is this a windows or a Tomcat issue? It is a practical issue for Tomcat
users - the service is much more convenient.

Iain.

"Iain Sanderson" <sa...@mc.duke.edu>
04/03/2003 03:51 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Tomcat unstable - Dr. Watson. Why?

Is that it?

 Surely this is a Tomcat issue. Something is causing Tomcat to crash in a
Windows environmment, as you say, without it affecting the JVM. Is it just

a Windows issue? My other services don't crash.

Surely there must be something else I can do apart from change operating
systems?

Iain.

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com>
04/03/2003 02:51 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:

Howdy,
Can't help you much more, as it seems a Windows issue.  I've managed to
avoid running servers on windows machines so far and I don't plan to
start soon ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Tomcat