Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Haytham Samad <ha...@speakeasy.net> on 2003/01/29 09:27:01 UTC

JSP cannot find classes when app not under webapps.

Not sure this is a STRUTS question, but I am using
STRUTS to implement this application and there might
be somethign going on there that I am not aware of.
This is what I am using:
Struts 1.1b, Tomcat 4.1, J2SDK1.4.1.

I have my jsp's installed under WEB-INF\jsp and my
application is placed in a different (it is not under
webapps in Tomcat).  The confguration is fine in
server.xml and web.xml.  The issue is, when I hit one
of the jsp's under my WEB-INF\jsp folder, Tomcat is
unable to compile the jsp java classes it generates.
It cannot find my classes under WEB-INF\classes which
I am using in the page so it throws an exception.  I
also have my forward's correct in my
struts-config.xml.  When the application is installed
under webapps in Tomcat, it runs fine.  When I install
it under a different directory on a different drive, I
get this exception.  Anyone got any ideas to deal with
this?

BTW, my application is under D:\WebApps\TomcatApps\<My context Name>

Thanks.