Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Andreas Omerou <ma...@simplexsoftware.com> on 2006/02/15 10:27:11 UTC

Session Problems with Firefox

Hello,

I have some problems with session management when our application runsin
Firefox.

Basically, what happens is that after I set in the session some
attributes/beans which are needed down the application, I check in all JSPs
and servlets that an old session is still there by using
		if (request.getSession(false)==null){

response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL("timeout.jsp"));

            }

With IE all works fine, however with Firefox, it seems that the session is
re-initialised whenever the client/browser requests a new page.  I checked
this by printing the session id in the log on each page and with IE it does
not change, while with Firefox it changes.

I checked my firefox settings for cookies and all look ok.

Anybody has a clue of what I might be doing wrong?

Regards,
Michael

Session Expires At Every Request (Tomcat5.0.28/Firefox)

Posted by Michael Andreas Omerou <ma...@simplexsoftware.com>.
 Anybody has an idea what could be causing what I describe in the below two
emails?

Posted by Michael Andreas Omerou <ma...@simplexsoftware.com>.