Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2010/01/13 16:40:10 UTC

Maven surefire plugin - recursive?

Given a project structure that has a parent pom, which itself has a
parent (grandparent), I would like to define system properties such that
 any properties defined in the grandparent are also visible in the
parent and to any children of the parent.  But it appears that if the
parent has a <systemProperties> tag, it must include all the
systemProperties defined in the grandparent or those will not be seen.
I would rather it worked so that any grandparent properties were visible
to the parent unless the specific property key was overridden.

Is there any way to get the desired behavior?  Or am I missing something?

Also, is there a way, using <systemProperties> to define a
<systemProperty> that is itself based on a system property defined in
the system?  Such as the user.home property?