Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rolf Strijdhorst <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 22:26:18 UTC

[T5] combination of linksubmit and submit fails

Hi is there a way to put both a linksubmit and a submit component on a page?

when i press the linksubmit it fails at the javascript with the line
this.form.submit();

onClick : function(event)7828 {
7829 // Tapestry.debug("LinkSubmit #{id} clicked.", this.element);
7830
7831 Event.stop(event);
7832
7833 var onsubmit = this.form.onsubmit;
7834
7835 if (onsubmit == undefined || onsubmit.call(window.document, event))
7836 {
7837 this.createHidden();
7838 this.form.submit();
7839 }
7840
7841 return false;
7842 }
7843});

thanx,
Rolf Strijdhorst

Re: [T5] combination of linksubmit and submit fails

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps there's an issue there, were certain component ids should not
be allowed, as they will conflict on the client side. A global ban on
components named "submit" would address this issue. It's all too easy
to do, since the default id of a Submit component is "submit".

Posted by rolfst <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi, thanx for your response.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.