Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/30 18:58:50 UTC

[classlib] [testing] crashes in test execution

Hello,

I've tried to run 'ant test' in classlib on a recent build hand-made
from SVN and came across several problems.

First problem was that a popup window with assertion appeared - it was
easy to solve it - see HARMONY-1340 .

The second one is more tricky for me.

---details start---
vm version:
svn = r438451, (Aug 30 2006), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, debug build

tests are run in the following way:
set JAVA_HOME=...
ant test -Dbuild.compiler=org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter

in compiling LUNI a debug popup occures: in the method

JavaLabelPrepass::ldc (file JavaLabelPrepass.cpp) constantType value is null.
This happens because in method
DrlVMCompilationInterface::getConstantType (file DrlVMInterface.cpp)
drlType returned doesn't fit any of options in switch() and
surprisingly falls through assert(0) statements to 'return NULL'.

---details end----

Does anyone else observe similar behaviour? Or you don't have any
problems with tests and I should re-check my configuration?

Anton Luht,
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [classlib] [testing] crashes in test execution

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I had some popups while run tests on drlvm.
But I do not remember exact message.

SY, Alexey

2006/8/30, Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to run 'ant test' in classlib on a recent build hand-made
> from SVN and came across several problems.
>
> First problem was that a popup window with assertion appeared - it was
> easy to solve it - see HARMONY-1340 .
>
> The second one is more tricky for me.
>
> ---details start---
> vm version:
> svn = r438451, (Aug 30 2006), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, debug build
>
> tests are run in the following way:
> set JAVA_HOME=...
> ant test -Dbuild.compiler=org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter
>
> in compiling LUNI a debug popup occures: in the method
>
> JavaLabelPrepass::ldc (file JavaLabelPrepass.cpp) constantType value is null.
> This happens because in method
> DrlVMCompilationInterface::getConstantType (file DrlVMInterface.cpp)
> drlType returned doesn't fit any of options in switch() and
> surprisingly falls through assert(0) statements to 'return NULL'.
>
> ---details end----
>
> Does anyone else observe similar behaviour? Or you don't have any
> problems with tests and I should re-check my configuration?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Anton Luht,
> Intel Middleware Products Division

Alexey A. Petrenko

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
2006/8/30, Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to run 'ant test' in classlib on a recent build hand-made
> from SVN and came across several problems.
>
> First problem was that a popup window with assertion appeared - it was
> easy to solve it - see HARMONY-1340 .
>
> The second one is more tricky for me.
>
> ---details start---
> vm version:
> svn = r438451, (Aug 30 2006), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, debug build
>
> tests are run in the following way:
> set JAVA_HOME=...
> ant test -Dbuild.compiler=org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter
>
> in compiling LUNI a debug popup occures: in the method
>
> JavaLabelPrepass::ldc (file JavaLabelPrepass.cpp) constantType value is null.
> This happens because in method
> DrlVMCompilationInterface::getConstantType (file DrlVMInterface.cpp)
> drlType returned doesn't fit any of options in switch() and
> surprisingly falls through assert(0) statements to 'return NULL'.
>
> ---details end----
>
> Does anyone else observe similar behaviour? Or you don't have any
> problems with tests and I should re-check my configuration?

Anton,
This just means that Jitrino.OPT is not 1.5-ready yet. This is known
limitation and hopefully will be fixed soon.