Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/06/10 14:34:21 UTC

Re: Karma for asf-authorization

Tony Stevenson wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2009, at 11:21, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>
>> berndf wrote:
>>> Dear Infra,
>>>
>>> (I sent this to root before, but got no reply yet.)
>>>
>>> I've done a fresh svn co of
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/subversion/authorization
>>>

>>> and patched the file to contain a labs-pmc group.
>>>
>>> svn ci fails for me with:
>>>
>>> svn: CHECKOUT of
>>> '/repos/infra/!svn/ver/771337/infrastructure/trunk/subversion/authorization/asf-authorization':
>>>
>>> 403 Forbidden (https://svn.apache.org)
>>>
>>> Am I missing karma? I noticed I am not in the pmc-chairs group in
>>> said file.
>>>

>> I'm just catching this ball, as I see that I'm still in the
>> pmc-chairs group, even if I'm not anymore the Directory chairman.
>> Now, it's a good thing as I was able to update the file while Alex is
>> busy dealing for personal business for a month.
>
> Oh, that's not good. Typically you remove yourself or the incoming
> chair removes you. I think you should go and do that now.  :-)
> If the PMC need changes we can make them for them, if we feel it
> necessary.
What would be good, IMO, is to inject 2 persons in this file : the
pmc-chair, plus a proxy (someone the pmc-chair trust). If the chair is
taking 2 weeks out, then we are depending on infra peeps to manage this
file. Not that you are not responsive, but I believe that each PMC
should be able to deal with such issues, without asking infra with such
request.

With LDAP in the picture, that shoul dnot be a problem to manage proxies.

Anyway, this can be discussed later. In the meantime, I will commit
'suicide' and remove my name from this list ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org