Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net> on 2011/01/18 01:56:17 UTC

NRT

How is NRT doing, being used in production?

Which Solr is it in?

And is there built in Spatial in that version?

How is Solr 4.x doing?

 Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
----------------
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a better
idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself.
from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
otherwise we all die.

Re: NRT

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
> How is NRT doing, being used in production?

It works and there are not any lingering bugs as it's been available
for quite a while.

> Which Solr is it in?

Per-segment field cache is used transparently by Solr,
IndexWriter.getReader is what's not used yet.  I'm not sure where
per-segment faceting is at.

> And is there built in Spatial in that version?

Spatial is independent of NRT?

Re: NRT

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
It's FFRT (pronounced ...) - Far From Real Time.

To help the o.p., there is a page on Solr Wiki about what one can do with Solr
and NRT search today.

Otis
----

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.