Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Patteet Marc <ma...@staff.telenet.be> on 2002/12/09 09:54:05 UTC

Logkit

Hi,

I just want to submit a small "bug" in the Logkit application.
If you make an Array LogTargets[] of, for example two, elements and you only
assign one LogTarget then the Logger methods(debug, info, ...) return a
NullPointer Exception although the logging is executed well.
So perhaps the Logger class should perform a check for this.

Also maybe a suggestion for a next release: a database LogTarget ?

Hope this helped you,

with kind regards,
Marc Patteet

Re: Phoenix occasionally hangs on ctrl-c

Posted by Greg Steuck <gr...@nest.cx>.
    >> Occasionally when i ctrl-c my phoenix application it does not
    >> exit properly.  It prints a message indicating that the JVM is
    >> exiting but it never returns to the command prompt. The only way
    >> to terminate the application is to kill my window. I am running
    >> Phoenix 4.0.2 on my W2K box.  Anyone else seen this problem?

Jim, did you try to press ctrl-break at this point? Normally it prints
stack traces, but I'm not sure if this feature works during shutdown. It
may help you trace the problem if it really is what Ulrich suggested.

Re: Phoenix occasionally hangs on ctrl-c

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Jim Alateras wrote:
> Occasionally when i ctrl-c my phoenix application it does not exit properly.
> It prints a message indicating that the JVM is exiting but it never returns
> to the command prompt. The only way to terminate the application is to kill
> my window. I am running Phoenix 4.0.2 on my W2K box.
>
> Anyone else seen this problem?

Yes, this can happen, when one of your components doesn't release its
resources. For example, maybe you have a block with a dispose() method
and Phoenix hangs there. Or maybe you have some connection open and
Phoenix/the JVM can't close it.

Ulrich

Phoenix occasionally hangs on ctrl-c

RE: JDBC Connection Pool for Phoenix

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@citi-us.com>.
Yep.  Excalibur has the DataSourceComponent package, and
Cornerstone uses it in its own DataSourceSelector.  The
Cornerstone version merely wraps the DataSourceComponent
so that you can have more than one datasource in your
project.

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@intalio.com>.
Folks,

Re: Logkit

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:54, Patteet Marc wrote:
> I just want to submit a small "bug" in the Logkit application.
> If you make an Array LogTargets[] of, for example two, elements and you
> only assign one LogTarget then the Logger methods(debug, info, ...) return
> a NullPointer Exception although the logging is executed well.
> So perhaps the Logger class should perform a check for this.

sounds good to me!

> Also maybe a suggestion for a next release: a database LogTarget ?

There is two already - one for normalized tables and one for denormalized
tables. Have a look at

org.apache.log.output.db.DefaultJDBCTarget
org.apache.log.output.db.NormalizedJDBCTarget

for an example of their setup have a look at

src/test/org/apache/log/output/test/DBTargetTestCase.java

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald