Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2003/04/02 10:09:39 UTC

Re: Why no multiple locations of sources? ( was Re: inter-project dependencies for the Eclipse plugin )

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 03:02, Raphaël Piéroni wrote:
> Hello maven devs and users,
>
> i dunno why splitting a source tree but as said before maven at the
> moment as multiple trees : one for tests, one for java, one for
> aspects.

The one for aspects will more than likely be removed and be made the
responsibility of the particular plugin. As aspectj is not the only AOP
type mechanism people use. Happens to be the one I use which is why it
got jammed into the POM but it probably doesn't belong in there.

> but i'll see a new one that can be added : aspect-test because some
> aspects are for production execution and some others for tests.
>
> in such a case :
> src/aspectj
> src/java
> src/test
> src/aspectjtest
>
> when using :
> java:compile : use src/java
> aspectj : use src/java+src/aspectj
> test : use src/test after java:compile or aspectj
> test:aspect : use all for compile as we can have aspects that modify he
> "production" code in the aspectjtest directory (eg tracing issues)
>
> do that make sense ?

> =====
> | Raphaël Piéroni                  |
> | 33+ 223 351 354                  |