Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@apache.org> on 2004/01/05 09:50:35 UTC

Re: T-Locking and Resolving

Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
>> Open issues.
>>
>> 1) All child store implementations (MySQL, JDBC, etc.) should save the
>> *binding* vectors instead of the children vector of ObjectNode.
>

> This should mainly be the J2EE / JDBC store. This will be on my list!

I checked the implementation and it really seems easy to make this
adaption.

I propose:

1.) A general change in DB schema: replace children table with a binding
and a parentBinding table like this:

CREATE TABLE BINDING (
     URI_ID          id_type               NOT NULL
     	REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID),
     CHILD_UURI_ID    id_type               NOT NULL
     	REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID)
)

CREATE TABLE PARENT_BINDING (
     URI_ID          id_type               NOT NULL
     	REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID),
     PARENT_UURI_ID    id_type               NOT NULL
     	REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID)
)

2.) An update of StandardRDBMSAdapter to reflect the change in schema
and usage of ctor ObjectNode(String uuri, Vector bindings, Vector
parentBindings, Vector links).

I will do so if there are no objections,

Oliver

Re: T-Locking and Resolving

Posted by Michael Hartmeier <Mi...@softwareag.com>.
I' not familiar with sql stuff, but there a two things that might be
useful:

o the URI_ID field should store the binding name only, not the full
  uri. Otherwise, you'll have trouble to update your descriptors
  if a binding above is changed.
o the same applied to parent bindings. In addition, the parent binding
  name is not unique, the same resource may be bound into different
  folders with the same name. This might cause trouble in a relational
  database ...

Michael

Re: T-Locking and Resolving

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@apache.org>.
Michael Hartmeier wrote:

> I don't know what a ctor is, but I think you're right: We didn't change
> links when we updated the file store to support bindings.

Ooops, ctor is my abbreviation of constructor, I'm a lazy guy...

> I don't understand LinkNodes, but if its similar to links in unix file
> systems it's obsolete.

I  guess it is...

Oliver

Re: T-Locking and Resolving

Posted by Michael Hartmeier <Mi...@softwareag.com>.

Re: T-Locking and Resolving

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@apache.org>.

Re: T-Locking and Resolving

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@apache.org>.
Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

> Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
>
>>> Open issues.
>>>
>>> 1) All child store implementations (MySQL, JDBC, etc.) should save the
>>> *binding* vectors instead of the children vector of ObjectNode.
>>

>> This should mainly be the J2EE / JDBC store. This will be on my list!
>

> I checked the implementation and it really seems easy to make this
> adaption.
>
> I propose:
>
> 1.) A general change in DB schema: replace children table with a binding
> and a parentBinding table like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE BINDING (
>     URI_ID          id_type               NOT NULL
>         REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID),
>     CHILD_UURI_ID    id_type               NOT NULL
>         REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID)
> )
>
> CREATE TABLE PARENT_BINDING (
>     URI_ID          id_type               NOT NULL
>         REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID),
>     PARENT_UURI_ID    id_type               NOT NULL
>         REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID)
> )

...which lacks the name, so what about this:

CREATE TABLE BINDING (
     URI_ID          id_type               NOT NULL
         REFERENCES  URI (URI_ID),
     NAME            uri_str_type          NOT NULL,