Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nima Jafari <n....@mnet-mail.de> on 2005/04/28 02:14:32 UTC

Cocoon & Web Services

Hi,

i would like to use Cocoon to consume a Web Service...
The Sample Hello World Web Service didn't give me any clues in how to
solve my case which is the following:

The Web Service expects an String as parameter and Returns a
corresponding Response...

now my question is: how can call the service with cocoon? i saw that XSP
thing in the docu which uses basically java to handle the logic...i
allready implemented a Web Service Client in JSP...can i use the same
code for the XSP?

Anyone got a clue or maybe an example for calling a Web Service (maybe
there is also something to work with the WSDL file of the Service...like
there is the WSDL2Java in Apache Axis???)

regards
jaf

Re: Cocoon & Web Services

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 28 avr. 05, à 02:14, Nima Jafari a écrit :
> ...i would like to use Cocoon to consume a Web Service...

Did you look at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FlowAndWebServices ?

This is experimental but it might help.

-Bertrand

Re: Cocoon & Web Services

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Nima Jafari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to use Cocoon to consume a Web Service...
> The Sample Hello World Web Service didn't give me any clues in how to
> solve my case which is the following:
>
> The Web Service expects an String as parameter and Returns a
> corresponding Response...
>
> now my question is: how can call the service with cocoon? i saw that XSP
> thing in the docu which uses basically java to handle the logic...i
> allready implemented a Web Service Client in JSP...can i use the same
> code for the XSP?
>
> Anyone got a clue or maybe an example for calling a Web Service (maybe
> there is also something to work with the WSDL file of the Service...like
> there is the WSDL2Java in Apache Axis???)

I'd use Java code which was generated by Axis within the controller (Flowscript,
Javaflow, Apples or an action)

Putting a webservice call into the presentation layer violates the sepration of
model, view and controller.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc