Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Charlie Hart <ch...@nc.rr.com> on 2000/12/15 15:55:45 UTC

accessing nodes appended in Xalan

I have a document and set up to find the node tax_plan. This node
already has two element nodes as children. I append a third element
along with a text node which appears to go ok. When I look at the parent
of the appended node, it is tax_plan. But when I try to access the
appended node via Xalan's XPath it is not found, although I can find the
first two.

Another question - do I need to re-parse after appending new nodes? It
appears many structural errors are caught during append, but no
validation against the DTD. If I need to re-parse, is there a way to do
it without writing to disk and reading back in.
thanks...charlie

Re: accessing nodes appended in Xalan

Posted by Charlie Hart <ch...@nc.rr.com>.
I have subscripted elements like:
<element>
   <child  changed= "no"/>
   <child  changed= "yes"/>
   <child  changed = "no"/>
</element>

When I get a nodeRefList of all changed child elements using xpath, I
will get element 2. I want to update the same element in another
document. How can I find the index of the element node?

thanks...charlie