Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Prasad K <kg...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/12 06:54:15 UTC

JMeter 4 with Java 1.7

Hi,

Is there a way to use JMeter 4 with Java 1.7? Our organization yet to
upgrade Java to 1.8 version. Because of this we are unable to use JMeter
4.0.

Regards,
Prasad.

Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

>But the problem is it is not possible to install Java 8 in our environment.
When you say "environment" - if you mean the machines (or your test lab or
laptop) from which JMeter is going to run , because of some organization
policy , ok then yes you cant use a JMeter version that needs Java 8 (If
docker is fine , then so should be any other VM technology that would allow
you to install whatever Java version)

If by environment , you mean your actual application (on which your code
runs), then Marek is correct. Your application and what its running on has
no relation to your test machine. Usually organizations may be slow to
upgrade Java for their actual applications but there is rarely a
restriction that prevents people from doing so on their laptops or test
clients which is why we feel you are mixing up 2 different things.

regards
deepak

Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7

Posted by Prasad K <kg...@gmail.com>.

Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7

Posted by Marek Czernek <mc...@redhat.com>.

Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7

Posted by Prasad K <kg...@gmail.com>.

Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7

Posted by Marek Czernek <mc...@redhat.com>.

Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7

Posted by Prasad K <kg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glinius,

Thanks for your response.  Java 8 Docker container option looks
interesting. I will check.

Regards,
Prasad.

Re: JMeter 4 with Java 1.7