Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 12:55:15 UTC

Regressions in WS-Trust 10 interopfest demo

Hi

I'm seeing all sorts of problems when running
samples/ws_security/interopfest/wstrust10, both in 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT and on
2.2.x.
I did run the demo last week and it worked for me but today it is just all
failing.

In 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT I had to update the version of maven-ant-run plugin to 1.4
just to get the build working, but besides that I'm seeing
some strange errors like

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.trust.STSClient.setPolicy(Lorg/apache/neethi/Policy;)V
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.policy.interceptors.SecureConversationTokenInterceptorProvider.setupClient(SecureConversationTokenInterceptorProvider.java:167)

even though I can see STSClient.setPolicy(Object policy) method...

In 2.2.x, the problem is that CXF version gets resolved to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT,
setting the version to 2.2.11-SNAPSHOT results in the async binding test
failures.

Can someone please give it a try and confirm it is just not me only ? Now,
assuming there're regressions, I'd have to start investigating. Given that
I'm a bit raw so to say in this area, any help will be appreciated

thanks, Sergey

Re: Regressions in WS-Trust 10 interopfest demo

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
It might be me.  For SAML references, I switched to KeyIdentifier instead of
wsse:reference because that's what a Metro web service was expecting, also
that was in harmony with the relevant specifications, as discussed here[1].

To be two-thirds complete, another patch in WSS4J will need to be
applied[2].

I'm trying to get CXF's stsclient to work with a Metro STS, and also have
the subsequent security token received by the client to work with a Metro
web service (basically, swap a Metro client with a CXF one here[3]).  The
older wsse:reference (at least when used to refer to SAML tokens) is not
being accepted by Metro, and the Metro team appears to have the support of
the relevant OASIS specifications (that probably postdate considerably the
interopfest stuff we test against) that pretty much mandate KeyIdentifier in
these situations (as discussed in [1]).

Without this change, CXF's stsclient will not be able to work with a Metro
STS, nor will the subsequent SOAP call be accepted by a Metro web service
either.  Granted, though, even with this change, it still won't work, as
more work is needed as explained in [2] for WSS4J to understand the SOAP
response returned by the Metro web service.  (My changes only handle the
successful acceptance of the sts request by the CXF stsclient and the
subsequent SOAP request to the Metro web service, part three of getting
WSS4J of understanding the Metro SOAP response with a SAML token using
KeyIdentifier instead of wsse:Reference is still uncoded, as that's a bit
outside my present skillset.)

You can revert it in order to pass the tests (if that is indeed the
problem), but you'll be back to square #1 of cxf's stsclient not being able
to work with a Metro STS, greatly stunting its usefulness and harming the
growth of SOAP web services in general.  Next issue (since you work with
RedHat):  There's also a PicketLink STS -- I don't know what it is expecting
for SAML assertions -- the modern KeyIdentifier or the bring-out-the-78rpm
wsse:Reference, if the former, that would also speak against reverting the
changes I made, if the latter, maybe I can get the Metro team to work with
wsse:Reference but again the spec appears to be very much on their side.

Glen

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2894
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-238
[3] http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/metro_and_wstrust

Occur ConcurrentModificationException when creating mutiple WebService client

Posted by Jammy Cheng Chen <Ja...@dextrys.com>.
Hi folks,

Recently I met one bug in CXF 2.2.10 which seriously blocked our current project, The cxf  application throws ConcurrentModificationException when creating mutiple WebService client in mutiple thread in the same time,  I have reported this issue to jira, please see the detail information from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2954, but unfortunately there have no any reponses, Is there anyone who can help me identify this issue and fix it asap. really appreciate your help!

thanks!
Jammy

Re: Regressions in WS-Trust 10 interopfest demo

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 5:34 AM, David Valeri <dv...@apache.org> wrote:

> I was out of the office today and didn't get a chance to look at it until
> late tonight.  The offending code has been updated and a JIRA has been
> logged [1].  Let me know if things are fixed on your end.  I had to update
> the Ant plug-in version in wstrust10 to get the build working on my
> machine.
> Hopefully that change will work for everyone else as well.  If things work
> out on your end, I will merge to the 2.2.x branch as well.

I've confirmed the fix works on the trunk and the 2.2.x branch; I've merged
your fix to the 2.2.x as I've been verifying it anyway.

thanks for a quick fix
Sergey

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
David, ++ and thanks.

On Aug 20, 2010, at 10:34 PM, David Valeri wrote:

> I was out of the office today and didn't get a chance to look at it until
> late tonight.  The offending code has been updated and a JIRA has been
> logged [1].  Let me know if things are fixed on your end.  I had to update
> the Ant plug-in version in wstrust10 to get the build working on my machine.
> Hopefully that change will work for everyone else as well.  If things work
> out on your end, I will merge to the 2.2.x branch as well.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2953
>
> David Valeri
> ---------------------------
> http://davidvaleri.wordpress.com/
> http://twitter.com/DavidValeri

Johan Edstrom

joed@opennms.org

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

RE: Regressions in WS-Trust 10 interopfest demo

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/svn-commit-r980941-in-cxf-trunk-rt-ws-security-src-main-java-org-apache-cxf-ws-security-wss4j-policy-td2260083.html#a2260083

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.