Posted to user@roller.apache.org by jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca> on 2008/09/17 21:23:36 UTC

secured paths and planet aggregations in Roller 4.0

I've been using security.xml to secure various blogs only allowing
certain user types access:

<property name="objectDefinitionSource">
             <value>
                 PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
                  /<blogname>/**=register
             </value>
etc...

However... This is causing big troubles when I attempt to create planet
groups.  I get the following error when trying to add a feed
(http://blogs.domain.com/roller/<blogname>/feed/entries/atom) to a
custom aggregation group:

ERROR 2008-09-17 10:34:52,954 PlanetSubscriptions:save - Unexpected
error saving subscription
Error fetching subscription -
http://blogs.domain.com/roller/<blogname>/feed/entries/atom
--- ROOT CAUSE ---
com.sun.syndication.io.ParsingFeedException: Invalid XML: Error on line
1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

If I remove the security configuration, the problem goes away.  Is there
a way to do this and keep the security.xml paths secured?  I assume the
application is getting denied access to the feed due to lack of credentials?

Any help greatly appreciated, as always.

jonathan.

Re: secured paths and planet aggregations in Roller 4.0

Posted by jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca>.
Dave wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:41 AM, jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca> wrote:
>> This was apparently not an issue using Roller 3.1.  Something is different
>> in the way this is handled in 4.0 (and 4.0.1)?
>>
>> jonathan wrote:
>>> I've been using security.xml to secure various blogs only allowing certain
>>> user types access:
>>>
>>> <property name="objectDefinitionSource">
>>>            <value>
>>>                PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
>>>                 /<blogname>/**=register
>>>            </value>
>>> etc...
>
> Hmm... we may have treated "local" (i.e. feeds on the local Roller
> server) feeds differently before 4.0, but I don't think so.
>
> I thought that we did not use HTTP to fetch local feeds, instead we
> hit the database directly. I'd have to check the code to be sure --
> either way, file a bug so we can revisit this.
>
> - Dave

It seems that the recent entries aggregation still works fine in 4.0
(aggregating content from password-protected blogs without difficulty).
  It's just the custom planet aggregations where I'm seeing this error
message.

bug ROL-1748 logged.

Re: secured paths and planet aggregations in Roller 4.0

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca>.