Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/27 17:44:47 UTC

Undocumented property expansion?

Hi all,

the other day I found this statement inside commons-logging-1.1.pom
(<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1/commons-logging-1.1.pom>):

"<url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}/</url>"

I tried the same "substring"-thing in my poms, but Maven didn't expand
the URL like I would have expected. Is a statement like that actually
supposed to work? If so, is there a common pattern to use similar
features (e.g. ${groupId.replaceAll(".", "/")} )?

Any hints? Thanks in advance!
-Stefan

Fwd: Undocumented property expansion?

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
Hi guys,

I'm rather curious about that construction mentioned below, but
couldn't get any responses on the user-list. would you mind, providing
me a pointer to some information or if it's supposed to work at all?

sorry for hesitating,
-Stefan