Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/10/27 00:24:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0 (release candidate 1)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite avatica-1.9.0, release
candidate 1. (Pretty much the same as RC0, but fixing
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1471, and tidying up the
release notes a little.)

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.
You can read the release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/branch-avatica-1.9/avatica/site/_docs/history.md

The commit to be voted upon:
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/calcite/commit/e32d778e85ce81fd3d820621c0e2d66836bc011d

Its hash is e32d778e85ce81fd3d820621c0e2d66836bc011d.

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0-rc1

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
src.tar.gz.md5 ad765ff46fa8d504bb057efe1da5ba47
src.tar.gz.sha1 f0d8e7b98ee0b16cb023ede07b2112ad3cb035f9
src.zip.md5 21c113e383b7dd978a6fac7963d26f29
src.zip.sha1 9d619085b1a710818da9c79e52dab90245b33f28

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecalcite-1029

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jhyde.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Calcite avatica-1.9.0.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of
at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite avatica-1.9.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Julian

[RESULT][VOTE] Release apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Thanks to everyone who has tested the release candidate and given their comments and votes.

The vote passes with 4 binding +1 votes (Julian, Alan, James, Josh) and 1 non-binding +1 (Aaron). I am therefore delighted to announce that the proposal to release Apache Calcite 1.9.0 has passed. I’ll now roll the release out to the mirrors.

Julian

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Josh’s patch did the trick (with a couple of other changes to keep maven happy with respect to unused dependencies), so we’re good. My +1 remains a +1. And thanks, Josh, for finding a solution. I’ll send an official result.

Julian

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On my windows box, I:

* cloned git://git.apache.org/calcite.git and checked out commit
e32d778e85ce81fd3d820621c0e2d66836bc011d
* downloaded src.zip from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0-rc1/
* Built from source (both git and src.zip using `mvn clean install`)
* verified hashes and sig for src.zip and src.tar.gz

--Aaron

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)