Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by "Agrawal, Aashish (IT)" <Aa...@morganstanley.com> on 2009/03/12 06:28:58 UTC

question on index creation

Hi,

I am new to lucene, is there any way to add index to already created
For example , if I create index for my files under /a/b/c in
/tmp/index/, and latter on I want to create index for files under
/a1/b1/c1 ,
and add it to the same index directory ?

how to achieve this , some example will help a lot.

-Aashish

Re: question on index creation

Posted by 王巍巍 <ww...@gmail.com>.
combine using IndexReader and IndeIndexWriter. I think you really need to
have a look at <<Lucene in Action>> and the api documentation.

--
王巍巍(Weiwei Wang)
Department of Computer Science

Mobile: 86-13913310569