Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Thomas Møller Jensen <th...@live.dk> on 2022/01/14 18:16:12 UTC

apache guacamole client authentification issues

Hi, I’ve followed a few guides to set up an easy remote desktop solution for a home server (for fun right now but knowing how to use this software might be useful later in my career), right now I’m stuck on the guacamole client login screen at my-ip:port/guacamole/ where it seems the client hasn’t registered my credentials. The setup so far is:

  *   OS: Arch Linux, currently headless – updated yesterday
  *   Tomcat version: I’m using tomcat9 (tomcat10 wouldn’t work at all)
  *   Guacamole version: 1.4.0, I had to disable guacenc and install it manually using pacman -U
  *   I have the /etc/guacamole folder set as an environment variable GUACAMOLE_HOME and a hidden folder in the /var/lib/tomcat9/webapps directory
  *   Guacd is running on the default port
  *   Due to restrictions on my network tomcat is running on port 40000

Additionally, when I check the tomcat service “systemctl status tomcat9”, I see the message below every time I try to log in at the guacamole client

[http-nio-40000-exec-8] WARN  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Authentication attempt from 130.225.244.82 for user "mast3r" failed.

Best regards,
Thomas Jensen
Aalborg University
Computer Engineering student

RE: apache guacamole client authentification issues

Posted by Thomas Møller Jensen <th...@live.dk>.
Catalina.out is completely empty
I’ve only been working with tomcat, tigervnc and apache guacamole for a few days so I actually didn’t know you could authenticate using a database, i can try that out the next time I work on this if I’m not getting it working today, besides we’re currently only two users on this system anyway (home server I’ve built with a friend) so management isn’t really gonna be an issue in this case

Posted by Alessandro Sironi <a....@me.com.INVALID>.
Hi, what in catalina.out?

Posted by Dustin Lang <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Møller Jensen <th...@live.dk>.