Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by David Kegley <ke...@b23.io> on 2019/02/12 19:04:13 UTC

Re: Proposing NiFi-Fn

Sam,

This is really exciting stuff, thanks for contributing.

I took a run at the proposed Kubernetes runtime using a custom NiFiFn
operator, source is here: https://github.com/b23llc/nifi-fn-operator

I also have some related feature requests, is JIRA the preferred place to
track feature requests or should I wait until the initial PR is merged?

Thanks,
David

Re: Proposing NiFi-Fn

Posted by Samuel Hjelmfelt <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi David,Sorry for the delay. It has been a busy couple of months.
Nice work on the Kubernetes run-time! With Mark's changes brought in, the initial NiFi-Fn PR should be about ready to be merged. I mostly just need to fix the Docker image.

Once it is merged, it would be great to bring your runtime and other requests in via subsequent JIRAs.

-Sam

Re: Proposing NiFi-Fn

Posted by David Kegley <ke...@b23.io>.
Hey Peter,

That image was from a different project I was working on and I forgot to add
it to the nififn repo.
It just has a couple additional nifi properties so that kubectl port-forward
could be used to expose the pods over the proxy. I'll update the repo to
include the nifi dockerfile as well and publish a new image

David

Re: Proposing NiFi-Fn

Posted by Peter Wilcsinszky <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi David!

That is a nice one as well! I can see you have a custom NiFi image, but can
not track back to the Dockerfile, could you point to where we can find it?
(I understand it's marginal, just curious)

Cheers,
Peter