Posted to small-events-discuss@apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2012/12/21 03:42:09 UTC

Anyone able to help with an ACNA small community event?

Hi All

As you hopefully all know, ApacheCon North America is in Portland in Feb
2013, about 2 months off. We have the space for a number of small
community events to take place before, during and after. We're looking
for people to help with these events, either leading them, or assisting to
learn.

If you're thinking of running your own small event, and you'll be in
Portland, helping out under the mentorship of someone experienced is a
great way to build your skills and confidence for your own things back
home afterwards, so I do encourage you to get involved! If you've done
events before, we'd love for you to help run things, and mentor people to
share the skills / knowledge / experience!

The following events are penciled in, and need both a lead and assistant
helpers:
* Sunday BarCampApache (open to all, whole day)
* Monday Hackathon (similar to in Sinsheim, open to committers and
   interested people alike, many projects welcoming new involvement)
* Tuesday - Thursday "early evening" events - between the last talk and
   dinner, likely things such as a multi-day mini BarCamp, lightning
   talks, ignite talks etc
* Tuesday - Thursday evening events (8pm onwards) - project specific
   and area specific BoFs, meetups etc
* Friday and Saturday project-specific large hackathons

Anyone able to help out? If anything catches your eye, please reply to say
what. We can then list you on the wiki in the appropriate role, and we can
then get you started with what you need to do to help organise your part!

Thanks
Nick

Re: Anyone able to help with an ACNA small community event?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Put me down to help out with the BarCamp.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Anyone able to help with an ACNA small community event?

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick...

   I can run/assist in the:
- Barcamp
- Meetups

I already helped in such events but I also would like to assist in any of
the rest of the list wherever help is needed

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
Apologies for any typos
On Dec 21, 2012 4:06 AM, "Nick Burch" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, Nick Burch wrote:
>>
>> Anyone able to help out? If anything catches your eye, please reply to
say what. We can then list you on the wiki in the appropriate role, and we
can then get you started with what you need to do to help organise your
part!

> Ah, one other thing while I think of it. If you'd like to help out with
any of these events, and you're not currently on the wiki allow list <
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ContributorsGroup>, please create an
account on the apachecon wiki and let us know your username. We'll need to
grant you karma so you can create and edit pages relating to organsing your
events!

Posted by Mark Hinkle <Ma...@citrix.com>.
MarkHinkle created.

Thanks, Mark

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Finally got around to sorting out the barcamp page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BarCampApachePortland

Thanks, great start!

It still needs some more info and filling out, if people have time?
http://barcamp.org/BarCampApacheOxford might be a good one to crib from

Steve - do we know where we'll be hosting it yet?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Finally got around to sorting out the barcamp page:
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BarCampApachePortland

And added a lanyrd page:
http://lanyrd.com/2013/apachebarcamp/

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Anyone able to help with an ACNA small community event?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

I'll take a look tomorrow (my time). I've used lanyard before and have an account so that part should be simple.

Justin

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Mark Hinkle wrote:
> I'd be happy to help with the Sunday BarCamp and the Tuesday and
> Thursday evening BoF. I'll do anything you like to help out.

Thanks!

Posted by Mark Hinkle <Ma...@citrix.com>.
I'd be happy to help with the Sunday BarCamp and the Tuesday and Thursday
evening BoF. I'll do anything you like to help out.

Regards, Mark

Mark R. Hinkle
Senior Director, Cloud Computing Community
Citrix Systems
p: 919.228.8049
m: 919.522.3520
e: mark.hinkle@citrix.com