Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Asensio, Rodrigo" <ro...@gilbarco.com> on 2006/09/13 20:02:50 UTC

service on linux

Fedora 5
Tomcat 5517
Sun JDK 1508

Finally I got my linux running with tomcat, but there is a little
detail, if I run the server as tomcat user, tomcat goes up, but not
listening in port 80 (su -l tomcat -c /usr/tomcat/bin/startup.sh), now
if I run as root  (./startup.sh) everything works ok.

any clue ?

Regards, Rodrigo

Rodrigo Asensio
Fuel Management Services
Gilbarco Veeder Root
phone: +1 336 547 5023
email: rodrigo.asensio@gilbarco.com
<ma...@gilbarco.com>

immediately.

Re: service on linux

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
The commons-daemon project can help in that area.  Specifically, jsvc
can launch as root, capture the ports and then let tomcat run as tomcat.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon

--David

RE: service on linux

Posted by Tracy Nelson <tn...@factsmgt.com>.