Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Essl <ch...@yahoo.de> on 2003/09/18 16:17:33 UTC

[HiveMind] Question about basic LiveCycle support

As I see there are quite some wanted Services which all need at least a
from of destroy:
- Database access (generally Resources)
- Caches
- Pooles

As I see HiveMind does currently not support this. So I want to ask is
there any plan to support something like this?

Maybe in the mean-time we could agree on a 'standard' interface, which such
Services have to implement so that the user knows that she has to 'destroy'
the Service manually. The interface would than later (when LiveCycle is
supported?) also be used by HiveMind - so that such Service won't have to
change.

Re: [HiveMind] Question about basic LiveCycle support

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.
Good point - I first though about the services possibly registring
themselves with the event notifier you described earlier, but this allows
complete decoupling ...

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:17:33 +0200, Christian Essl
<ch...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> As I see there are quite some wanted Services which all need at least a
> from of destroy:
> - Database access (generally Resources)
> - Caches
> - Pooles
>
> As I see HiveMind does currently not support this. So I want to ask is
> there any plan to support something like this?
>
> Maybe in the mean-time we could agree on a 'standard' interface, which
> such Services have to implement so that the user knows that she has to
> 'destroy' the Service manually. The interface would than later (when
> LiveCycle is supported?) also be used by HiveMind - so that such Service
> won't have to change.

you too?

Re: [HiveMind] Question about basic LiveCycle support

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.

<ch...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> As I see there are quite some wanted Services which all need at least a
> from of destroy:
> - Database access (generally Resources)
> - Caches
> - Pooles
>
> As I see HiveMind does currently not support this. So I want to ask is
> there any plan to support something like this?
>
> Maybe in the mean-time we could agree on a 'standard' interface, which
> such Services have to implement so that the user knows that she has to
> 'destroy' the Service manually. The interface would than later (when
> LiveCycle is supported?) also be used by HiveMind - so that such Service
> won't have to change.

you too?