Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by tom blondeau <to...@gmx.net> on 2002/01/18 16:09:40 UTC

turbine and websphere configuration

i got turbine, velocity running under visualAge's websphere test
environment. so far everything works fine. i already have an application running.
but i figured out, what if i want to request a simple *.html file or *.gif
or whatever.
so far my .webapp configuration looked like that
<webapp>
[...]
   <servlet>
      <name>ErrorReporter</name>
      <description>Default error reporter servlet</description>
      <code>com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.DefaultErrorReporter</code>
      <servlet-path>/ErrorReporter</servlet-path>
      <autostart>true</autostart>
   </servlet>

  <servlet>
      <name>turbine</name>
      <description>Turbine Servlet</description>
      <code>org.apache.turbine.Turbine</code>
      <servlet-path>/</servlet-path>
      <autostart>true</autostart>
      <init-parameter>
         <name>properties</name>
         <value>\WEB-INF\conf\TurbineResources.properties</value>
      </init-parameter>
   </servlet>
[...]
</webapp>

this works fine for the application itself, but this way i'm not able to
recieve requested pictures, text files, pdfs, etc

so i changed the <servlet-path> part to
      <servlet-path>*.vm</servlet-path>
      <servlet-path>/action/</servlet-path>
      <servlet-path>/template/</servlet-path>

and added
   <servlet>
      <name>file</name>
      <description>File serving servlet</description>
      <code>com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.SimpleFileServlet</code>
      <servlet-path>/</servlet-path>
      <init-parameter>
         <name></name>
         <value></value>
      </init-parameter>
      <autostart>true</autostart>
   </servlet>
(which actually was there before)
the problem now is that if i do not specify a file in my request url (s.th
like http://localhost:8080/application/ ) i just get a http 404 page not found
error message
the samething happens if i do a redirect to my main page eg in an action
class
{
    // [...]
    data.setRedirectURI("/");
    data.setStatusCode(302);
}
and i just don't want to change all those redirects to "/template/Index.vm"
or something
i also put template.homepage=/Index.vm and screen.homepage=/Index.vm  in the
TourbineResources.properties
but as long as there is no /action/ or /template/ or *.vm in the request
url, websphere won't give control to turbine...
has anyone an idea how to configure websphere in a better way?

tom

--
tom.blondeau@gmx.net
www.tomb75.de

fon ++49(0)40 471 158 97
mobil ++49(0)177 345 6164

stresemannstrasse 157
22769 hamburg
germany

turbine and websphere configuration

Posted by tom blondeau <to...@gmx.net>.
[...]

ps. i'm sorry if this mail is in the mailing list twice, but i sent it
before i confirmed the mailing list confirm mail...

--
tom.blondeau@gmx.net
www.tomb75.de

fon ++49(0)40 471 158 97