Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org> on 2014/01/10 13:01:40 UTC

Re: Build Fails In Module "Coinmp"

On 09.01.2014 17:39, Tyler Kavanaugh wrote:
> I was able to start the build using Herbert's suggestion, and everything
> seemed to be going well all the way until the build system tried to
> build the modules coinmp, python, and sal. At that point, it failed.
> I've got a build log I can submit, if anyone wants to see it. I also
> tried building the individual module "sal," by running:
>
> build --from sal -P2 -- -P2
>
> and ended up getting some sort of undefined symbol error coming from the
> STL headers, as far as I could tell.

Are you building AOO 4.0.x or trunk? On what platform? If you are
building AOO 4.0.x you have to use the --without-stlport configure
option. On trunk this is automatically enabled.

The relevant excerpt from the build log are essential for solving the
problem. I personally am away for the next couple of days though, but
maybe someone else can figure out what went wrong.

Herbert

Re: Build Fails In Module "Coinmp"

Posted by Tyler Kavanaugh <tw...@kc.rr.com>.

On 1/10/2014 6:01 AM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> On 09.01.2014 17:39, Tyler Kavanaugh wrote:
>> I was able to start the build using Herbert's suggestion, and everything
>> seemed to be going well all the way until the build system tried to
>> build the modules coinmp, python, and sal. At that point, it failed.
>> I've got a build log I can submit, if anyone wants to see it. I also
>> tried building the individual module "sal," by running:
>>
>> build --from sal -P2 -- -P2
>>
>> and ended up getting some sort of undefined symbol error coming from the
>> STL headers, as far as I could tell.
>
> Are you building AOO 4.0.x or trunk? On what platform? If you are
> building AOO 4.0.x you have to use the --without-stlport configure
> option. On trunk this is automatically enabled.
>
> The relevant excerpt from the build log are essential for solving the
> problem. I personally am away for the next couple of days though, but
> maybe someone else can figure out what went wrong.
I am building trunk on Windows XP SP3. I don't know which excerpt of the
build log is relevant, so I'll attach the whole thing (~32 KB).